Wednesday, October 5, 2011

We're Back!!

Sorry it's been a couple weeks but I've (Aubrey) been gone the last couple weekend and Brooke wanted to wait till I was back so we could go together.

So this week we went to First Baptist in Wheaton. We went to the the 11am service, it seemed to be mostly filled with Wheaton College students and some older couples. The service started out with 2 worship songs and at that point I was already a little iffy. The songs were OK but I just didn't feel any energy from anyone. Not the band or anyone else attending the service. I really like a church to start off with a good Worship. Where you can feel the bands energy and they are excited and really into the songs and so is everyone else. Worship is one of my favorite things to do at church.

So the service went on with the assistant pastor leading the service that Sunday, talking about how we need to make God more important and we need to become less important. His sermon was very good and really educational. I felt like I took more notes on what he was talking about than how I liked the church and writing down our "judging criteria". After he spoke we did communion which I really liked and then the band started to play a couple more songs. So then after a great sermon and communion the worship seemed to get better. I don't know if it was just because all the college students were finally awake or that everyone kinda got pumped after the pastor spoke but the worship ended really well.

Overall I gave the church a 7.6. I liked it a lot. There seemed to be a ton of things Brooke and I could get involved in. From children's ministry, to youth ministry and even some woman's bible studies that seemed to be interesting. The church was definitely way way smaller than our old church and Willow Creek which was kinda nice. There was definitely a more friendly/family feel. Another good point is that it was so close to our house. We left at 10:50 and got there in less than 5mins. I don't think Brooke and I have every attended a Church service that close. When we were there we signed in as guests and wrote our address down and this week we got a letter from the church, just saying thank you for coming and hope to see you again soon. I thought that was really nice. It showed that they really try and reach out to new people and thank them for coming and inviting them to join them again.

I definitely think this is a church Brooke and I will go to again. With it being so close and very open and friendly it seemed like a church we could really get into!

We still have more churches to "hunt down!" The next church we'll be attending will be... Crossroads Community Church.

Please continue to pray for us on our Church Hunting journey and that God will lead us to where He wants us to be.

"He must become greater I must become less."
John 3:30

1 comment: